Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 1999 1.9dti Scenic. It appears that the immobiliser

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 1999 1.9dti Scenic. It appears that the immobiliser will not go off. Car still locks/ unlocks with the RF type key. The engine turns, but will not fire. I've tried the procedure to enter the 4digit code using the central locking button on the dash, but, LED just keeps flashing quickly and will not let me enter the code. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Open driver door and leave open. Pop the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait 60 seconds, insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to the on position. Now, reconnect the negative cable. The alarm should sound for 60 seconds and go off. Once it does, cycle key to off and then crank it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery is under the drivers seat and there isn't an alarm fitted. Tried technique anyway. No luck whatsoever.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, there is a fault in the immobilizer system, either faulty key or faulty immobilizer control module. do you have a scan tool that will read the immobilizer control module

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an odb 2 reader, that I have used successfully on other cars, but, it refuses to link to the scenic for some reason. I'll borrow a friend's and try again.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, try that and see if there are any codes stored and let me know what they are