Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

Please can somebody tell me the correct fuse location and

Customer Question

Hi there. Please can somebody tell me the correct fuse location and number for the Interior load space / cargo area LED module lights? I'm upgrading mine and have blown the fuse, which one is the correct one please? It does not list anywhere in the manual. Many thanks in advance.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

What year is your Transit please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Transit is 14 plate, so built around March 2014
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

There are two fuse that control the interior light circuit, check the F 4 (50 amp ) fuse located in the under hood fuse panel as well as the F 60 (10 amp) fuse located in the interior fuse panel See the factory wiring diagram in the link below for reference to the circuit. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Interior%20Lamp%20Dec%201.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron, I have seen on a forum, that the fuse will either be number 25, 13 or 32, all of these are listed as 'not used' in the manual, but are there physically. To be honest, I very much doubt it's going to be the 50amp one is it? These are low voltage LED lights, surely the fuse will be a 10 or 15 amp at maximum? Also, EVERYTHING else in the vehicle is owrking, including all aux power sockets / 12v sockets etc. Just to confirm, all that has gone are the CARGO / LOAD AREA lamps.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The wiring diagram I have sent you is the factory wiring diagram for the 2014 Transit. Did you check the F 60 fuse in the interior fuse panel? Are all of the interior light out as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EVERYTHING else in the vehicle is fully WORKING... All interior lighting in the front / cockpit area is fine and unaffected. I have not checked any fuses as yet...
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay well the diagram shows all the interior lights to be on the same circuit, if you sure theirs not a power supply issue with this one light then I do not show a separate fuse for the rear light. I can open the post up for you if you would like , This is the only fuse source I know of on the Transit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you tell me the exact location of the F60 (10 amp) fuse that you think it is?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Its located in the interior fuse panel, I have marked it for you in the diagram but If the rest of the light are working then it should not be blow as it control all the interior lamps, will not hurt to check it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/F%2060%20Dec%201.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where exactly on the vehicle is this 'Interior fuse panel' please? Is it inside glove box? Or behind steering column? Or somewhere else?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The fuse panel (BCM) is located behind the glove box, drop the glove box door and its right there. See the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/BCM%20Dec%201.pdf