Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Matt, I do want to pull a plug or two (I upgraded my account

Customer Question

Hi Matt, I do want to pull a plug or two (I upgraded my account to rapid response with unlimited questions). The intake is very loose but does not lift out. I am looking at the right intake from the front of the car. Towards the back right there is a hose
connected, the service manual shows special quick release tools to remove the fuel rail. Does this require a similar too? On the left intake there is a hole with no hose, should it be open, a plug or mirror the right side? Are the coils supposed to be Ford?
Just before the car was opened and after it started to stall it then went into limited power bypass mode and said something along the lines of service required immediately. It has not been driven since. Another quick question, only one of the keys works. The
other turns on to accessory but will not start. I am assuming the transponder needs to be reprogrammed, is it compatible with any other car to take the key to or only Aston. Oh are the Ford coils correct, is there a way to test them? Thank you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

the fuel rail will have be disconnected to allow you to remove the intake, usually you can push back the collar on the quick release coupling with a flat blade screwdriver whilst pulling the hose off the spigot

there should be no unblanked holes / hoses on the intake as any leaks on the manifold will produce poor running

and yes I think the coils are a Ford part with 2 wires? if so its best to do a check for spark on each coil as that's the best test so by removing one of the sparkplugs and plug it back into its coil and rest it on the metal of the engine (DO NOT hold it on place by hand) then have your assistant turn the engine over whilst you watch the plug. It should give a fat blue spark at regular intervals.

If not then check that there's power to the coil pack using a meter. If there’s 12V at the pack but no spark then check the ECU power supply(fuse and relay) and also the connections to the crankshaft speed sensor.

regarding the key try a fresh battery in the fob 1st and if that doesn't work then yes it'll need re-programming by a dealership as onyl they hold the correct kit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt, I think you are providing excellent advise. I would like to know how much it will cost to talk to you, I think that way I may resolve the situation quicker. I know that I put a bunch of questions in later that was after I signed up for the expedited
and unlimited questions. I am sorry if I have misunderstood them. I actually do not have the right intake off, at the back of it is a black hose plugged in, and I wanted to know if that just pulls out with force or needs the quick release tool. Other than
that the intake is movable enough that I am pretty sure that there are no bolts. The fuel rails have been unbolted and they can move to the side. I do have the quick release tool to release them if needed. Also can you tell me how much this is costing, the
site says included but that just does not seem right. I have no issue paying you for calling, but please just let me know about how much in advance. I am sending two pics, the right intake has the hose connected that I would like to know how to remove. The
left intake is a concern because it has nothing connected at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sending two pics.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

that image shows where the breather pipe plugs in

there should be a pipe that runs from the cam cover on that side and then into the manifold