Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I'm ***** *****. I have two warning indicator. 1 is control

Customer Question

Customer: hi. I'm ***** *****. I have two warning indicator. 1 is amber for emission control system and second red for air bag. audi garrage tested and they said that is P0546 G235 exhaust gas temp sensor bank 1 high and GG488 exhaust gas temp sensor bank 1 high, -p161c glow plug cyl 3 open circuit- P040 EGR flow insuficient detected plus various faults stored for engine and airbag light on fault N200 passenger side, side airbag resistance too high, requires further investigation. So I paid already £60 and for further investigations they asking 150 for each problem (airbag and Emission control system) so allwill be 300. Any ideas? are they wright or wrong? Many thanks ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry its Audi A8 3.0 Tdi Year 2005
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes i can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The faults here sound like a possible burned out glow plug needing replaced as well as a faulty EGR valve or plugged EGR ports.Both of these will have to be checked into/tested further to locate and repair the cause here which can take some time so they are correct on what it may cost to fully diagnose and locate the faulty issues here.

The air bag issue can be a fault with a faulty air bag itself needing replaced or faulty wiring leading to the air bag that the code is set for.I have seen both cause a code like this here in the past.

Unfortunately these will have to be tested further to pinpoint and repair the causes then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete