Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I'm trying to get to the bottom of a problem with my vw

Customer Question

Hi I'm trying to get to the bottom of a problem with my vw transporter 2.5 tdi 88 hp it runs and drive fine but once warm idles roughly?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also while the vagcom lead was plug in and Tring to bring I up the time graph I noticed the injection quality reading was bouncing between 1.4 -3.2 but settles down when brought up off idle? I don't really know what this reading is exactly but it does seem to be related to how the engine runs?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This issue here may be due to a fault with one or more fuel injectors that are not operating properly possibly allowing to much fuel into the engine or through their return causing this fault.If you have not had the fuel injectors tested at all I would have them tested to see if one or more are faulty needing replaced to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your thoughts pete I'll give that a try!
Toby
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete