Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Have a 2005 mod Viano. The brake is going slow to the bottom

Customer Question

Hi. Have a 2005 mod Viano. The brake is going slow to the bottom when engine is running. There are no abs Lightning and when braking hard the abs i working. Can this come because its some air in the system or is the abs sentral defekt?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Do you mean the master cylinder was replaced when you say the masterpump?

Also, were the brake calipers replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i ment masterpump and all calipers
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, the most common issue is installing the new calipers on the wrong sides - they fit either side but are actually side specific for correct bleeder screw replacement.

Look at the calipers you installed. Are the bleeder screws below or above the brake hose to caliper connection(towards the bottom or top of caliper)?

If they are below, then you have them on the wrong side. When the bleeders are below the connection, there is always an air bubble at top caliper that will never bleed out. Swap sides with the calipers and bleed them and you are good to go.

If they are correct, let me know

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more helpby clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?