Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

There, I have a 2008 C-Class 200k (1.8 kompressor). The

Customer Question

there,
I have a 2008 C-Class 200k (1.8 kompressor). The engine management light recently came on and the car is now underpowered and struggles to go above 60 on the motorway.
I took it to my local dealer and they found the fault codes:3539 - the boost pressure deviates from one the specified value, and 2188 - the mixture (cylinder bank 1) is too rich at idle speed.
They have not yet diagnosed the problem and want to charge for a further 1 hour of diagnostics to further investigate.
This morning, I received a dash board error 'pre-safe system inoperative, consult workshop' which then went. I have read this may be related to a faulty seat belt latch?
Any help on what the problem may be would be much appreciated.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

You have two separate issue here, The turbocharger has failed and the seat belt latch may be failed or need to be reprogrammed, most seat belt issues are repaired free of charge at your local dealership if vehicle has less than 80 k miles on it. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply, I apologise but I would like the question opened to a Mercedes specialist with experience working on this car. My car does not have a turbo charger, it is supercharged and there is no white smoke or other symptoms of a failure. I need to understand exactly what could be the cause of these fault codes, no where I have read indicates they refer to a supercharger failure.Regards,Lee

the code refers to a failed component in the supercharger/turbocharger my bad ,wrong terminology, its early on a Monday. You are working with a Mater Technician with 35 years experience. Unfortunately there are few serviceable components in the supercharger.

Master Technician