Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My door locks keeps going off when i lock the doors with my

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, hi, my door locks keeps going off when i lock the doors with my remote on 2006 scion xb
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i notice that the dome light inside the car also goes crazy when i lock doors ( goes crazy for about a min.)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Most common to cause the issues here is usually a door position switch/sensor.This is usually a sensor/switch that is part of the door latch assembly that sends a signal if the door is opened or closed.If this sensor/switch is sending a false signal that the affected door/switch is open this will cause the issues here.Most common is the drivers front door itself as it is the door that is used the most.

This will have to be checked using a scan tool that can read all computers in your vehicle to first check fault codes then from there check the signals from the door switch signals to locate the one at fault needing replaced.Usually it is the drivers door since it is the door used most and usually it is the latch itself that needs replaced to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete