Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have done n engine swap in a 1998 BMW e36 318tds to a

Customer Question

I have done n engine swap in a 1998 BMW e36 318tds to a 325tds, now unfortunately the engine will not run, I am quite experienced in engine swaps with BMW and this has me confused.
I have done the usual of changing all the EWS components over (inluding chip, box, ecu etc etc)
The engine will not supply fuel to the injectors, however the odd thing is if I use the 318tds ews chip and box but the 2.5 ecu then the solenoid on the pump opens but does not pump (like its only partially immobilizing.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should also add that I have done the usual simple checks like fuses, wiring etc which has all been gone over.The engine was also confirmed running prior to the engine swap.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing to do here if this hasnt been done already is to have the fault codes checked/scanned with a scan tool or computer that will plug in and communicate with your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.You might try locking and unlocking the vehicle with the remote or key and see if this works to allow the engine to start as on some models once the computers see the locking and unlocking it may disable the theft system.If this does not work if you can get the fault codes checked let me know as this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Pete, unfortunately it's very difficult to have the codes red as it's ads using an xt69 or xt20 connector and has no obd communication lines.
I have had it plugged into 6 or 7 different machines and non can read the ecu, after some googling it transpires it needs the old style ads with serial port to read which these days is almost impossible to find, even my local bmw dealers don't have them!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do here.

Thanks Pete