Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Thanks Matt, prcisely answer. Asn you an UK Auto-Specalist,

Customer Question

Thanks Matt, for your prcisely answer. Asn you an UK Auto-Specalist, I have another question regarding my wives Car. She owns a Mini Cooper Cabrio R52 7/2004. The Mini got vibrations every time I accelerate. You can feel the vibrations also at the steering
wheel. The Wheels are O.K. and fresh balanced. The Mini has become a new clutch and new flywheel. What problem can it be? Before the Mini has no vibrations.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I'd suggest checking for the following

Worn drive shaft joint - typically these won't produce any vibration unless badly damaged but they can be noisy or 'clonk' for a long time beforehand, turn the steering to full lock and look at the drive-shaft rubber boot there should be no rips or tears in it and the suspension should be clean and dry of any grease. If you reverse at a reasonable speed with the steering on full lock a worn joint will 'click'.

Worn mountings - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts

Broken or defective driveshaft vibration damper - some models feature a rubber mass about halfway along the driveshaft - this functions as a vibration damper so 'tuning out' vibration - the rubber needs to be not cracked and the damper firmly fixed to the shaft and running true - anything other than this and the entire shaft will have to be replaced as they are bonded in place

also check the oil level in the transmisson

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.