Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

My name is ***** ***** ihave a citroen berlingo multispace

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** ihave a citroen berlingo multispace forte 1.8 2001 model how do i stop it from overheating
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: on the dash the stop sign lights up and the temp gauge goes really high
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin is there any coolant in resevoir ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is anti freeze in
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok and how long after starting from cold does the warning come on ? And does heater blow hot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe 5-10 mins i dont know about the hot from the fan because i've not had the fan on
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Need to know if heater works this indicates circulation in system .when you say it over heats can you run car to this point then caffully feel hoses on cooling system and see if they are hot

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think the heater is working fine and the car starts 1st time everytime and runs well but as soon as the stop sign lights up i pull the car over and stop for 10 mins then the car starts fine
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok i just need to know if system is actually getting hot or if its a bad reading from sensor