Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 97 Nissan Pathfinder. Engine wont start and there

Customer Question

I have a 97 Nissan Pathfinder. Engine wont start and there is a blinking light, i think its the immobiliser indicator. Could you fix it for me please
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Using the correct key, start with the key off and then turn the key on but do not start the engine. Wait 5 seconds and turn the key off. Turn the key back on again and wait 5 seconds and turn the key off. Turn the key back on again and wait 5 seconds and turn the key off (a total of three cycles of key on and wait 5 seconds and key off). Then turn the key on and crank it and see if the engine starts

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem of my car was not yet fixed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, try this

Open driver door and leave open. Pop the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait 60 seconds, insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to the on position. Now, reconnect the negative cable. The alarm should sound for 60 seconds and go off. Once it does, cycle key to off and then crank it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called my mechanic friend yesterday to fix it. The problem is solved and its working.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

ok