Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a Hundai i30 crdi with climate control. Today I have

Customer Question

Hi all,
I have a Hundai i30 crdi with climate control. Today I have noticed that the heater is not working. The heater is blowing cold air. The heater is turned to the maximum heat. The ambience temperature is 15°C
Thanks in advance,
Y.T.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The first thing to check is the temperature at the heater core hoses at the firewall in the engine compartment with engine idling for 10 minutes and heater on full hot. If both hoses are cold, then likely the thermostat is stuck open. If one is hot and one cold, restriction in the heater core. If both hot, then all is good with coolant flow and then the issue is either the temperature blend door is not working or the temperature blend door actuator has failed and will need to tested