Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have similar problem. The TV will not stay on more than a

Customer Question

hello Edward. I have similar problem. The TV will not stay on more than a few seconds. It was perfectly OK when I switched it off (to standbye mode) at 1pm today, and when I tried to switch it on at 6pm, I got this problem. The TV is a Sony KD 32DX200U new in July 2004. It is connected to a Sky+ box and the Sky satellite dish. The screen appears to have a slight greenish tinge for the few seconds it is on, as though it's not quite on full power. Your help, or confirmation that it has died after a trouble free life of 11yrs, would be most appreciated. What would be your charge?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually if it is turning on and you see the greenish screen this can indicate a fault internally electronically with the TV itself with it needing either removed and repaired or removed and replaced.I have seen the circuit board fail internally as well as the screen in some cases that can cause this issue you have here.I would have the power cable connection signals tested to the tv to make sure they are all o.k. and if they are I suspect it needs repaired or replaced.Unfortunately we cannot repair these her ourselves but a TV repair facility may charge anywhere from $200 to over $400 in some cases all depending on the problem.You would need to speak with a repair center to get an exact cost for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete