Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Citroen C3 1.4 petrol all injectors not firing "injector

Customer Question

Citroen C3 1.4 petrol all injectors not firing "injector circuit open" on all four injectors. Used Lexia for diagnosis. Checked voltage at injector connector is only 2.5 volts when ignition is on. Why am I not getting 12 volts? I'm not good with electrics I want to learn them on this car. I managed to get the pin out diagrams and can't trace any faults on wiring. Nothing seems loose. The ECU, BSI, key, MAP sensor, camshaft sensor, temperature sensor, have all
been changed. How can I get the injectors to pulse
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually with low voltage like this here this is due to either the wiring harness leading from the injectors to the computer damaged or corroded needing repaired or replaced so this will need inspected for any issues or a fault with the computer itself that controls the injectors.I have seen computer failure before like this to where the computer either needs removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.

I would inspect the wiring for any faults and if found to be o.k. I suspect the computer is at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I sent the ECU to two companies for checking and they did not find any fault. I have checked all wiring which is ok. I changed injectors stool no difference. There is a pink wire from the engine bay fuse box. Does this wire supply injectors ? The other wires are connected to the ECU for grounding. I'm not sure what the pink wire does and how it should be tested
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is also a strange noise coming from the throttle body. I changed the throttle body still no difference.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.

I dont have the exact diagram on this model here but if the computer controls the ground signal to the injectors usually the pink wire is the voltage wire and this pink wire may be damaged needing repaired or if it leads to the fuse panel it may be the fuse panel itself that is defective needing replaced.I have seen poor contacts in the fuse panels cause issues like this here needing replaced.I dont think the noise is related to the injector issues here.This would need to be checked into further to see what is causing this noise exactly.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse box was changed with another used one with the same BSM number. Is it possible to find out if Citroen released an update for injector circuit open c3. The ECU might need reprogramming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, does the pink wire have 12 volts when the ignition is on or after the vehicle has started?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

The only way to find out if there is any updates for the computers is to speak with a dealer or repair center that works on this model here.Usually they can plug into your vehicle and check for any updates needed.

Unfortunately my info doesnt show the exact diagrams but I know on most the pink wire would have voltage with the key on and after the engine has been started.This would have to be checked into further with the correct diagrams to be sure.

Thanks Pete