Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Audi A3 Convertible Registered 1/1/2010. The convertible top

Customer Question

Good afternoon Joe,
Audi A3 Convertible Registered 1/1/2010. The convertible top has stopped working. The fault codes are 02000 Switch Position-sporadic 008-Implausible Signal & 01992 Convertible Top Lock Switch (F295) Closed- sporadic implausible Signal. What confuses me is that if using the manual handle I unlock the front catches just enough to move the micro switch it puts the orange light on the dash and the roof then will work fully down and the it will come back fully up and lock in closed position to the point it touches the switch to turn off the light on the dash. However it then will not work until it is manually unlocked but just to the point of moving the micro switch. I would normally conclude it was that switch but if i operate it by hand it turns the light on the dash on and off. Any ideas?
Regards
Peter
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like it may still be the top lock switch itself at fault here.Even if it fully opens and then closed when you manually release it when it isnt manually released the lock switch may be showing the top is unlatched with the top is closed all the way and can disable the automatic release and open of the roof.Then when you manually release it the other switch/sensors send signals that the top is released as when you manually release it most likely another switch/sensor sends this signal.Then the top operates properly from there.I have seen this occur before and usually it is the top lock switch itself that needs replaced in most cases for this issue here even though it seems to be o.k.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete