sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Matt, my transit a 350 fwd is pulling to the left when I

Customer Question

Hi Matt, my transit a 350 fwd is pulling to the left when I accelerate very strongly I might add what do you think it is
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Odds are you have a loose front suspension component. If it's pulling under acceleration it's most likely because thrust angle is changing. A complete inspection of the front steering and suspension components should be done. A loose lower control arm bushing allowing the control arm to shift under acceleration would be the most common cause for something like this.

It's possible that the issue could be in the steering rack itself but that isn't very likely. With the front end supported you can raise engine RPM's to see if the steering wheel moves, if it does turn when raising engine RPM's then there is an issue in the rack but that is very uncommon.