Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a ford transit 135 t350 it has had new fuel pump new

Customer Question

i have a ford transit 135 t350 it has had new fuel pump new fuel filter and fuel rail but still keeps going into limp mode once under load it is fine untill engine warms up that is when it starts doing it
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does this when engine warm
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is or has the check engine light come on at all with this fault here or have the fault codes been checked using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle at all?

Does the engine stall out at all and take time to restart or restart right away?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never stalls starts easy drives fine till you put engine under load been on computor comes up low fuel pressure the prv has also been replaced
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Has the fuel filter been replaced at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuel filter replaced genuine ford one
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,I apologize as I do see above the filter was replaced.

One common issue I have seen several times before is one or more of the fuel injectors acting up.They can fail or act up to where it allows to much fuel through the return intermittently or at all times or allow to much fuel to dump into one or more cylinders and cause this here.I have had to replace several faulty injectors before for issues like this here.

The other issue I have seen is a faulty reading fuel pressure sensor.This sensor can send an incorrect low pressure reading when the pressure is actually o.k. but it causes the computer to put the engine into a fail safe mode like this here.

Both of these can occur all of the time or be intermittent and cause issues sometimes with the engine being warm as these components warm up as well.These will have to be checked into/tested to see if one is the cause here.This will usually require a scan tool to monitor fuel rail pressure and in some cases special test equipment to test the actual pressure and the fuel injectors to locate the fault here.But with what you have described here it does sound like one of these is the cause needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should i only use genuine ford parts some say no others say only use ford parts
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

It is best to use OEM parts as some after market may not perform as well or hold up as long.In allot of cases cheaper after market parts means cheaper quality.

Thanks Pete