sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2005 ford transit diesel every once in a while when

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2005 ford transit diesel every once in a while when driving along it will suddenly die. Ignition lights remain on but nothing on the start turn of the key, if you play around under the bonnet it will normally start and run again may be fine for a week or 2 then do it again. Ive mended a couple of broken wires under the bonnet in the loom that goes to the fuse box in engine bay. Any ideas where I should look next? Thanks, peter
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that you could have going on. It may simply be a crank sensor issue, it could be the ECM itself, the ECM may be losing a power or ground due to a wiring or power distribution issue, or it could possibly be an ignition switch issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to check for fault codes. Have you checked for codes?