Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Ive just bought an 07 twin top astra but the roof does not

Customer Question

Hi ive just bought an 07 twin top astra but the roof does not work! i know they are prone to problems but this is low milage 30k so was worth taking a punt! i notice the boot doesnt open either, is this my starting point?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Its possible the little plastic side trims are at fault. They have plastic gears in them and they wear,if it doesn't move properly if its the gear that has stripped the screw inside the flap will be turning but the fin won't move. If nothing is moving or making any sound it could be something else.

There is a common problem with a wiring loom in the boot which gets damaged. Might be worth having a look at it if the boot is open and its accessable

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.