Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My name is jass ihave a4 tdi cvt gear box I'm getting code

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** a4 tdi cvt gear box I'm getting code p1741 how can i fix this
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a fault with the clutch pack inside the transmission/gear box itself.This will cause the code to set here as they can wear out needing replaced.On some models there is a kit to replace the clutch pack assembly to correct this here needing obtained by a dealer or authorized repair center.I would have the transmission/gear box tested/checked further to see if for sure this needs replaced but I suspect this is what needs done and should be done by a repair shop that has the proper tools and equipment to test and replace this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete