Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

On a Ford Focus sw 1.6 petrol 2001, a contr asy -r/contr lk

Customer Question

On a Ford Focus sw 1.6 petrol 2001, a contr asy -r/contr lk & alrm sys p/n 1s7t-15k600-lb electronic unit has been removed and declared as no more functioning by Ford service. Looking on-line for its characteristics I found it is a unit for Ford Mondeo. Is it good for Focus too? Or, which is the correct unit for Focus?
Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied with the info on if this is one that is good or will work for your model here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain.One option you might try here is to contact a dealer to see if they can tell you for sure if this part number is ***** for your model and if not they can usually tell you which one is o.k. to use.They should be able to do this over the phone if you call the parts department.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete. Your reply is unsatisfactory and I don't know why I paid 28€ in advance for quite vague information. I repeat the problem and in order to be more clear, I add that Ford service of one of the principal Ford dealers here in Milan, declared that the unit p/n 1S7T-15k600-LB which was found and removed by my car (it was no more able to control central and remote door opening/closing) is broken, and proposed to replace it with a new unit which costs 300€+VAT. I don't want to spend so much for an old car, so I tried to find a spare part on-line. On e-Bay for instance you find a lot of these units, at a price which is about 1/10 of the new ones. But my doubt is that by e--Bay vendors the same p/n of my unit is declared good for Mondeo, not for Focus.For this reason I would like to sure that this p/n is really good for both cars, Focus and Mondeo. I don't know if for any strange reason the unit removed by my car was for a Mondeo (in any case it worked for long years), but in any case a wanted to be sure to buy the right one. Searching in the Internet I found your service, but your answer is not at a level I hoped. Regards. Gainluca lapini
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize.I saw no one else had responded and wanted to see if I could help with this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

i will attempt to help you, here is the issue, the locking mechanism is same for both models of cars and regardless if you were able to save a little money online, you would loose what you gained because the unit has to be programmed by Ford or a high end locksmith with specialized equipment or you will get the part installed and then the car will not START. Dealership pricing includes this programming as part of the price of the part. Please RATE my service a 3 or above,if for some reason you can not please ASK me another question,I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given ,until you are completely satisfied with my answers.