Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Trying to locate the neutral safety swith on a 2004 Fiesta

Customer Question

Trying to locate the neutral safety swith on a 2004 Fiesta automatic 1400. Intermittantly won't start -need a shake of the gearstick so suspect the switch - if i can find it1
john
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need to locate and access it with a view to replaceing it. Don't want to start stripping out the interior trim unnecessarily.
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with the neutral safety switch failing. The switch on these vehicles is located inside of the gear shift assembly itself. The assembly will have to be disassembled to access. This is often sold on these vehicles as the whole gear shift assembly.