Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 1991 figaro, which has an engine similar to the K10

Customer Question

I have a 1991 figaro, which has an engine similar to the K10 Micra.. I have a blown head gasket. Due to clearance issues I cannot slide the intake manifold/fuel injection back far enough to get the head lifted off. The exhuast manifold is removed, but due to the drive gear sticking through the right side of the head, I cannot slide the head away. It seeems that the intake manifold and head needed to lifted off as a unit. Can that drive gear be removed?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for here on this.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that can get this info may not be online.

I know on some models the engine may need lowered and on others it may need removed to remove the cylinder head when there isnt enough clearance to remove it in the engine bay.If possible I would contact a dealer or local repair center to see if they can tell you for sure if this is how it is removed or any other tricks on removing it.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete