Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

07 transit 2.4 140 I've updated the pcm ids said a newer

Customer Question

07 transit 2.4 140 I've updated the pcm ids said a newer calibration was available it gave me the new code i download and installed it no problem complete.
BUT now the air bag light is flashing saying that the RCM is not configured i think the RCM needs to also be updated but it says that the part number cannot be found if i try i don't think it copied over with the update?
How do i fix this the rcm part number isn't the calibration file name is it?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases the air bag computer needs coded to match the new calibration that was installed.I have seen on most models this usually has to be done by a dealer with their computer.If this is in fact a programming issue if when you downloaded the program if the correct coding or any pin wasnt installed properly this may have caused this as well.I have seen in some cases where the control unit setting the fault (the air bag computer in this case) may need replaced completely then programmed.I would have this checked into to see if this needs done to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete