Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Greg, we have a problem with a 2007 tucson 2.0 crdi the

Customer Question

Hi Greg,
we have a problem with a 2007 tucson 2.0 crdi the vehicle is shuddereing under low rev 1800 to 2500 rpm low speed acceleration
it also appears to to running slightly lumpy
we have replaced the fuel filter, turbo, had the injectors bench tested and leak off tested we are getting fault codes po2002 and po4073 we have re-generated the dpf and also chemically cleaned the dpf we suspect the differential pressure sensor only getting two readings on scanner 148kpa and 287kpa should this measurement be linear and can this cause the vehicle to run rough we have blocked of the exhaust side of the egr to try and stop the severe gumming up of the intake manifold flapper valve all of the intake system has been thoroughly cleaned we have checked the compression on all cylinders 25.5 bar each this one has got us really stumped the exhaust fault codes clear but come back soon after i suspect the egr blanking plate is not helping but this was occuring before this modification we have also
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have blocked off the EGR system and no programming or calibrations were done to bypass the computer signals and control of the EGR this may be causing the exhaust codes and may be causing the running issue as well.I have seen before where this is blocked off but isnt reprogrammed (usually by an after market programming facility) to block the computer from checking and controlling egr signals.If this wasnt checked into to see if this needs done I would have this done first here.If this was already checked into or already done let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete
Thanks for your reply
I am aware that the ear blanking plate may have caused the codes
The car was shuddering before we did the modification
Do you know what readings we should expect from the pressure differential swith that is connected to the combined cat/dpf? And also what effect this has on fueling etc
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I dont have the specifications on what readings you should see here.I have seen restricted exhaust components cause the sensor readings to be high and cause the running issue here so if you havent had the exhaust fully checked this may be a good idea to have done.

There is a chance this sensor/switch is faulty itself sending a false signal or erratic signals and may need replaced.I have seen exhaust sensors and the diff.switch fail before on some models causing a fault similar to this here needing replaced.Faulty exhaust sensor signals can cause the vehicle to use to much fuel in some cases.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete
As stated we have checked the exhaust and cleaned the dpf both by diagnostic regeneration and chemically cleaned
I appreciate your help but we really need the Hyundai data so that we don't just start part swapping as we have no recurring fault codes.
Thanks again
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete