Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I have an 08 plate ford transit - I have noticed that in the

Customer Question

i have an 08 plate ford transit - I have noticed that in the book there is an engine management light next to the battery warning symbol that should come on briefly when the ignition is turned on - but mine doesn't ever light? (can't even see the shape of it on the panel)
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin this suggests to me either bulb has gone or it's been tampered with . The light not coming on in itself isn't an issue other than if you get a fault you won't know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a bit more digging - the previous owner has ripped out extra internal lighting in the load space - all the internal lights don't work, so presumably the remaining wiring is shorting somehere (replaced fuse and it blew straight away)...This fuse - 72 - also powers the OBD port etc... needless to say the OBD port doesn't work at the moment either - could this be the reason why the engine management light doeasn't do anything?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Yes if this fuse controls obd port then its likely the cause