Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

On my 2007 mitsubishi shogun i have code P0089, suction

Customer Question

On my 2007 mitsubishi shogun i have code P0089, suction control valve . If I let the car ticks over the engine management light comes on, then traction control etc, goes into limp mode. I have stop and restart car - keeping revs up stops it going into limp - have to buy complete common rail!
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it be any other issue - common rail cost £900.00
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this suction control valve or fuel pressure regulator is unable to be replaced separately from the fuel rail and with the common failure of it unfortunately the fuel rail itself will need replaced to correct this here.This is a common component to fail and cause this issue here needing replaced.In some cases I have seen a restricted fuel filter cause false codes to set so if this hasn't been checked or replaced I would see if this resolves the issue at all here.

You might check and see if you can obtain a used one as it may be less then half the cost for replacement.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.