Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

We have a 2001 2.2 Vauxhall estate auto/the gear box will

Customer Question

Hi there we have a 2001 2.2 Vauxhall estate auto/the gear box will not operate in auto but will work well in manual have paid over 800 Euros had 2 gear boxes changed but still the same problem can you give us any idea what the problem might be /OH! by the way we live in France
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this is a scam /and I think it is /may God turn His face from you from this day forward/we are 2 pensioners and what you have done is SINFUL/I have only 1 E-Mail address so I know now that I will not get a reply/I ask God not to spare people like you /may your life become as miserable as you have made ours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you were quick enough to take our pension money /I hope wherever your mother is she is ashamed of you
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

Sorry it took us a long time to get to you ,

I myself have just come online and found your question ,

First with transmission problems you need to hook up a diagnostic scan tool to the transmission management system and check for malfunction codes ,A normal code reader will not find transmission malfunction codes .you need a dealer level tool .

Replacing the transmission is one of the last things you do if its working with the man mode ,

A diagnostic scan will confirm what sensor or part is causing you this issue ,

In your case the input/output speed sensors can cause you this issue ,could be the sensors or the connection and wiring problem .

If all this shows and test good then the TCM /PCM could be the issue .

Check with your dealer as a program reflash could also be a issue that may need checking .

Find a good shop that has the needed scan tool to check for trans malfunction codes ..

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

Do you still need any help with this issue