Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years of exp. 10 with ford on my third with all other makes.Just love cars
35496794

My jeep grand Cherokee 2000 v8 is only blowing cold air out

Customer Question

Hi, my jeep grand Cherokee 2000 v8 is only blowing cold air out and no warm / hot. both driver and passanger side are the same, no change when temperature dials moved in either direction. Any thoughts? Thanks, Lee
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Pretty simple fix. Locate the 2 heater hoses that run into the firewall trace them back to where they connect to the engine, disconnect and flush with water hose in both directions back and forth alternate between hoses this is called backflushing. Do this a few times and RECONNECT ENJOY THE HEAT. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP ME POSTED. PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY SERVICE AND ACCEPT. THANK YOU.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Just wondering how the Jeep is doing and if there is further assistance I can give. Please remember to rate my services and accept Thank You.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for the info, haven't tried it yet as looks like the hoses connect on the water pump and it will take some time to get to the clips due to access etc.
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Not bad to get off I use a pair of long needle nose pliers works well for me. Good luck and keep me posted Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Tried the hose flush and completely clear with no problems. Still blowing cold air inside! Any ideas? Thanks.
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

At this point I would be going inside and checking blend door operations and vacuum checks. does this vehicle have AUTO temp control? I will respond in more detail later I must be off to work and sorry for the delay I was out of town yesterday.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chad, Yes it does have the auto climate control. Thanks for your help. Lee
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

I will do some research with some specific tests and get back to you. My system is doing updates currently and I cannot access.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** Cheers, Lee
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Drivers side center console area there is a few vacuum motors with some levers i have seen thes levers get bound up and sticky and some times all takes is a little pressure to pop it to rotate. Also if there is a VACUUM LINE going to it remove and rotate control head through all positions and see if there is a vacuum change.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Any luck with the Cherokee?Please remember to rate my services and Accept Thank You.