Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Looking Porsche expert here as no one else can answer this

Customer Question

Looking for a Porsche expert here as no one else can answer this question. Furthermore, it has to be someone either directly associated with the factory in Germany, a Porsche mechanic who has access to Porsche Dealership tools and software, or at most
someone associated with auction houses who auction Porsche cars. I am looking to purchase several 60-ties and 70-ties Porsches over the next year, and I need to know if there is any software program, or a software datase that I can purchase a copy of, which
would enable me to verify immediately (without having to ask the official sources) the "Production Team Number" as it is generally known, or rather more precisely the Type Sequence Number stamped into the Chassis on the inside next to the ashtray that is also
further copied in hand script on the dashboard. I am of course very well aware of the fact that I can write to Porsche itself, or ask a dealership to do that for me, or request a PCA. All of these options are really of no use to me and anyone wishing to answer
this question in that manner would be wasting their time. Cheers, Michael
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I saw your question sitting unanswered for almost a day now and wondered if you still need help.

I may have a source for a program for you that gives the PTN, but first need to know if you are a commercial company or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric, My question is simply one from a private person who intends to make use of the (theoretical possibility) so to speak in the field when one gets in front of a vehicle being offered by the seller, where one has no way of checking this unless one has the tools to do that with them there and then. I do own a couple of businesses, but neither has anything to do with my question, nor could they ever have any use for such a tool. Ergo, in the clearest possible manner my question has nothing to do with any company, UK or in any other country. Regards, Mike
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Actually it does. 99% of all auto related software programs are restricted to auto repair/auto sales shops that have a commercial license for these type businesses and the companies offering them do a verification of this before selling their program to them. I dont just ask a question willy-nilly for no reason. I pay for a subscription service from Porsche that has the information you are wanting, but they REQUIRE proof of auto repair/auto sales licensing.

But since you feel I am asking stupid unrelated questions for no purpose, I will gladly opt out at this point as any other question I may ask will also be deemed un-necessary.

If another expert wishes to help, they will post here. Do no reply back until they do so, otherwise it will lock it back to me and prevent another expert from helping.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if my son had a car business?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In addition, I don't know how you concluded that I think you are asking stupid questions. That really baffles me.