Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

Car wont start, all lights come on, turn key ESP 4 WD lights

Customer Question

Car wont start, all lights come on, turn key ESP 4 WD lights flash 4 times them it dies. Tried new battery, checked and rechecked battery terminals.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In order to be able to try and help you with the problem you are having we need to know what type of car you are working on, year, make , model and engine size, post back with complete information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe CDX CRDT 2.2 diesel
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, my information on the diesel is very limited so I will open the question back up and hopefully some one can help you with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This morning took the old battery off, lifted the fuse box, took the earth cable off and located it again, checked all fuses and connections and refitted. All electrics came on and started first time. What caused the problem wouldn't know am wondering if it was the earth lead connection and by taking it off and putting back, didn't clean it there was no corrosion. The car is now up and running.