Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Having problems connecting Star to my 2001 220cdi w210. When

Customer Question

Hello! Having problems connecting Star to my 2001 220cdi w210. When we connect it to Star the voltage is normal, but it suddenly dropps to 1,1-1,4v so we cant read anything from my car. Battery is new and works normal. Is it the 38pin connecter in my car that gives me all this trouble? Best regards Borge
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check for any loose or damaged wiring leading to the connection that the machine is connecting to as well as for any bent pins at the connection or corrosion on the pins.If an issue is found with any of these here this will need to be corrected to resolve this fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.