rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2003 ford focus with a battery drain fault, its

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2003 ford focus with a battery drain fault, its drawing around 200ma. I've isolated it to fuse no.36 says it does abs, wing mirrors, ac fan. Incidentally I've noticed that the temp gauge and fuel gauge both read about half way with the ignition off and the key out. any ideas?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Each of those other loads also need to be disconnected to isolate it to the real problem. See attachment I use all the time.

Thanks, Ron