Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have 58 plate bmw320i with 46k on the clock. Over past 3

Customer Question

I have 58 plate bmw320i with 46k on the clock. Over past 3 months the exhaust emissions light has come on and my local garage have replaced 4 coils and all plugs. Engine ran ok for past month and only last week did a run of 500 miles. A few days ago the engine malfunction light came on and the engine nearly came to a halt- max speed of 30 mph and no more than 3000revs. Took it again to my local garage (non BMW) this morning but they have been unable to find the problem. They again put some new coils in but no change. Not sure what the readings are on their computer but after seeing the problems that other owners have recorded on the internet I am a bit concerned! Any idea of what the problem could be?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
You are not able to provide the fault log details from the car's fault memory?