Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

This is the second time this has happened, but when I walk

Customer Question

HI -this is the second time this has happened, but when I walk to my car - 2008 3 series 2.0 petrol coupe the alarm goes off , than I need to open the door with the manual key and than car is totally disabled , cant start . last time I waited and the following day started no problem ... strange but thinking there must be a bug and a fix ? hoping you can help > thx
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I know it sounds basic but if your key fob battery is more than 3yrs old, it may be weak, which can cause erratic behaviour, so have the battery checked.

If ok, then the keyless entry receiver needs to be tested and replaced if needed as it may be faulty and getting false signals

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I have the spare key which was never end used will try and see if any change , won't know instantly as the issue is every fee days , 3 times in 2 weeks .
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, sounds good. You can just bookmark this page to return to in order to update me