Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

Lexus is220d 2007 had a flat battery. I have jump started a

Customer Question

Lexus is220d 2007 had a flat battery. I have jump started a few times no problems. Replaced battery now VSC and engine light on. Remote central locking not working or electric windows from drivers door switch panel and interior lights. The indicators do not work correctly.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The VSC and check engine light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this occurs, the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to try and help you determine what is failing you are going to need to start with scanning the computer and retrieving the fault code and or codes. If you can get this done we can work from there to get this resolved. Post back when you can and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have managed to retrieve the following fault codes which all seem to point to some kind of body control module.
B1206. B1207 B1210 B1249. B1278. B1280 B1296. I have checked all the fuses and visually checked the dome fuses in the engine bay. The drivers door switch panel will only operate the drivers electric window and door mirrors but no central locking or the remaining windows. The passenger side door window and central locking switch function ok. The fault codes have been erased then they return more or less straight away. If it's easier I can call you to discuss
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

All these codes are lack of communication codes with ECM. See the list below . Before you go any further try resetting the ECM. To do this disconnect both battery cable and touch them togather for a few econd and then reconnect them and see if the problem clears.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Computer%20reset%20Nov%208.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number xxxxxxxxxx. I have already tried disconnecting the battery terminals several times the VSC and engine warning light go out for a short while however all of the electrical faults and symptoms remain. I would like to discuss this on the phone with you if possible as I desperately need to resolve this ASAP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can anyone help me with my request
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to do a phone call at present, I will open the question back up for you , if some else has something to offer and can call they will respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which control module are the fault codes relating to? And where is this fitted on the car.