sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have an issue with my Kia Sportage 2012 radio head unit

Customer Question

Hi I have an issue with my Kia Sportage 2012 radio head unit there is no sound ( all works) I'm in the motor trade and have got to the "test mode enabled" (dealer) and I require the password ***** can you help with that?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the password (found it myself)
And I have accessed the test mode screen. Once in it shows the values of the bass,treble and sound as "0" and "Deactivated" when I'm sure it should have a "value".
My question: Can you change the numerical values on the "testmode" screen or not?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that the problem could be with the radio but if the radio otherwise works I would first suspect you have an amp issue.

Did the problem start after a repair, jump start, etc?

Does the radio appear to work otherwise normally?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sprinkles 08Thank you for your response,
However, I'm disappointed with your response and feel that I've been insulted, as per your response it's clear that you have not read my notes?! It's obvious that it's the radio head unit that's the issue, there had been sound and was ok prior to the problem.
The vehicle has been repaired and resprayed, light damage to the n/s/f and n/s/r doors, and the problem occurred long after the "cosmetic " repairs to the doors(not that this bears any reference!) as per my posts I'm in the motor trade and have inspected the work carried out and all is fine.
Prior to losing sound their was an audible beep that could be heard and the volume of the head unit was inoperable, A reset of the head unit has been carried out (by myself) but there was no change, as per my previous notes the "Test mode" on the head unit screen has been accessed again by myself, my question is: Is it possible to change the numerical values on the Test mode screen?
Please be aware that I've been in the Motor industry for over 29 years and 9 of those as an Insurance Motor Engineer.
I look forward to your response.

I read your post multiple times before responding.

Why do you believe it's an issue with the radio rather than the amp?