Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Guru! I have a 1975 911 carrera 2.7 and since a couple days

Customer Question

Hello guru !
I have a 1975 911 carrera 2.7 and since a couple days after the car has warm up the idle revs go up around 3500rpm and stay fix there. To come back to the normal idle revs I have to engage the engine and let go the clutch until the engine is about to stop... there the revs go down and go idle again correct. Once I press the gas pedal again over 3000rpm it never goes down again to 1000rpm and stays 3000/3500
I hope I was clear... my english is not so good...
Thank you!
bruno
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing to check for here is to see if there is a vacuum leak on the engine at all causing excess air to enter the engine causing the idle issue here.If there is a fault with a vacuum leak (vacuum line loose or damaged or something like the intake gaskets leaking needing replaced) this will need to be corrected to resolve this issue here.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.