Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Mate, I have a ford Mondeo titanium model 58 reg. The

Customer Question

Hi mate, I have a ford Mondeo titanium model 58 reg. The Bluetooth doesn't find my phone yet my phone finds ford audio and asks me for a code, my aux port in the glove box doesn't pick up anything I've changed the grey clip part that the aux cable goes into and still no luck. The built in sat nav works for 5 minutes and then the whole screen flickers black and goes off and on constantly so I have to leave the sat nav DVD out
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to an internal electrical fault in the blue tooth system/control unit for the Sat./Nav system itself since the screen is flickering.I have seen internal electrical issues with some of the control units in the past before with it needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this issue here.This will have to be tested further to see if this is the cause here and repaired if found to be at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi so how could I remove the unit any idea?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately my info is limited on this model here so I don't have the instructions on how this is removed or replaced.You may have to contact a service center to see if they can tell you how this is done.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist with this further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete