Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I have a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2.0HDI diesel which has

Customer Question

I have a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2.0HDI diesel which has problems starting. I need to pressurise the fuel system to get it to start almost every time. once running it is fine
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin have you tried anything so far ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet, the problem arose immediately after I ran out of diesel one day, and its not started consistantly ever since.
I had a mobile mechanic out the first day, and without even looking at the car he said you have faulty injectors, they all need replacing , it'll cost you £2000, when shall I do it. I sent him packing!
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

The trouble you have is that when fuel is run low any dirt and grime in tank is drawn into fuel system . The first and cheapest thing to do is fit a new fuel filter these are incredibly common to blocking up and this will cause difficulty on initial start up I would start here

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Please rate my service I'm still here if you need any help at all