Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Saturn VUE XE 2008 cranks but does not start. Neither the

Customer Question

Hi, Saturn VUE XE 2008 cranks but does not start. Neither the coil and the injector seems to have current. I scanned it and received and error code for intake camshaft position sensor. I replaced both the intake camshaft position sensor as the crankshaft
sensor. What might be the problem?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you still getting the code? What is the actual code number? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The actual code number is *****
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This code actually points toward ignition switch and most likely means ignition switch has failed. This code sets when the ECM detected that the ignition 1 voltage of the Run/Crank relay was more than 3 volts different than the ignition 1 voltage of the Powertrain relay for over 2 seconds. Replace the Powertrain Relay to see if that helps, if not I'd just replace ignition switch. Here are testing instructions from manual related to code, let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srvi9jvfbq2csqa/1682.pdf?dl=0

-