Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2009 V70 radio turns on with normal logo on screen, then

Customer Question

2009 V70 radio turns on with normal logo on screen, then shuts off after 2 seconds. In that 2 second time, the radio will not respond to any input from the various buttons. Problem is the same if the car is running or on accessory.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

This can be due to the common failure of the electronics in the radio itself,usually a component like the processor heats up rapidly and fails internally on the internal circuit board in the radio causing this issue here.I have seen several radios act up like this here and had to either remove the radio and send it in for repair to an authorized repair center (if this can be done as some radios cannot be repaired) or remove the radio and replace it with another radio.The fault does sound internal in the radio itself and I have run across this issue quite a few times in the past before with it needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** radio is now working, which points to an intermittent problem, sadly. Since the radio screen also displays climate-control information, would this prohibit a non-Volvo radio replacement?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.If this is one that is integrated into the climate control it is best to replace it with a factory unit as putting in an after market radio will affect the climate control operations.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete