Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 57 plate Accord. When I unlock the car with the key

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 57 plate Accord. When I unlock the car with the key fob the alarm goes off when I open the drivers door.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Usually what causes this here is the door switch that tells the computers the door has been unlocked before it is opened has failed.This switch on most models is usually part of the door latch assembly inside the drivers door.If this switch fails it will send a false signal to the computer telling it that the door was not unlocked even though it really was,and then when the door is opened the computer thinks that someone had broke into the vehicle which in turn sets off the alarm.This will need to be checked/tested further to see if this is the cause here for sure and to make sure this switch/sensor is part of the latch as some models this switch/sensor is a separate switch/sensor on the door or body that can fail needing replaced.Most of the time it is part of the latch with the latch needing replaced.

I have seen several of these switches fail before and cause this issue here needing replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.