Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My Vauxhall insignia 2009 would not lock using the key fob

Customer Question

my Vauxhall insignia 2009 would not lock using the key fob or manually, so I locked the car using the door locks then shut the passenger door, now I can't open the car. What would you suggest?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

hi,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

You can try removing the battery from the key fob for 10 minutes and reinsert it and see if it works, as well as have the battery checked to make sure it is still good.

If still wont open with fob, then you will need to use a jimmy tool to slide between the door glass and door panel by the door handle and jimmy the door lock to open it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your reply was a little bit late. The key worked the following day without doing anything. Quite expensive advice that was on hindsight not required.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Sorry that no one answered it earlier. I can only answer when I am online to see your question.