Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

My xkr sport button works short time, and then the D Flashes

Customer Question

My xkr sport button works for a short time, and then the D Flashes and it will not hold in any low gear, only drive.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem you are having is an internal transmission concern or an electronic control issue you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I can direct you from there to the correct repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've recently had another gearbox fitted, but the problem existed before that and still exists to the same extent. I will try and get the car plugged into a diagnostic machine and get back to you.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you can see if you can have it scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting, that will be very useful in narrowing down the concern.