Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 56 plate Toyota Rav4 and the battery died. I took

Customer Question

Hi, i have a 56 plate Toyota Rav4 and the battery died. I took the battery out to charge it but before doing so centrally locked the doors. Since removing it i can no longer open the door with either of the keys (manually, i.e. taking the key out the fob and trying to turn it in the lock).
Now i don't know how i can open the car as i can't open the bonnet or any of the doors?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

your options are limited on this. You can remove the battery for the key fob for 10 minutes and reinstall it and see if it works. If it doesnt, then you would need to use a jimmy tool on the doors to unlock one of them.