Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Mate. I get a knocking at low speed on my x3 2005 plate when

Customer Question

Hi mate. I get a knocking at low speed on my x3 2005 plate when coming off the gas and when changing gear at low speed. No problems at higher speeds. I put two Bridgestone on the back but the two on the front are not the same brand. A bit reluctant to buy two more as the front two have about 5mm of tread incase the noise still persists but don't mind buying them if it cures the problem
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this vehicle is an all wheel drive model if the tires have a different rolling circumfrince this will cause this issue here.If this is the case you will need to replace the other tires to match the others that were already replaced.I have seen this cause issues several times before in the past with the tires needing replaced to correct this here.

If this is not an all wheel drive/4 wheel drive model let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.