Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2004 nissan cabstar 2.7 diesel speedometer not working rev

Customer Question

2004 nissan cabstar 2.7 diesel speedometer not working rev gauge is fine what would be the problwm
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If there are no running or shifting issues with this fault here and it is only the speedometer that is not working on the gauge assembly this indicates the fault is an internal fault with the speedometer itself.It may be the stepper motor that runs the speedometer has failed needing replaced internally.This would have to either be replaced as an entire gauge assembly to correct this or the gauge assembly would need removed and sent in for repair to an authorized repair center to repair this here.

If there is transmission shifting issues with this fault this usually indicates the vehicle speed sensor has failed needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The check engine light is on and the speed sensor and to wires pulled out just want to make sure it is the speed sensor have u got a diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The speed sensor has a toothed wheel at the end is this the right 1 ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was off line this last weekend.

Unfortunately my info isn't showing me the diagram on this model here.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete