Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

Sean, I'm about to buy a Ford Transit Connect Trend 2012

Customer Question

Hi Sean,
I'm about to buy a Ford Transit Connect Trend 2012 from a dealer in Bristol. The ESP malfunction light is on and the red solid circle light is also on. This seems very similar to the problem a customer presented you with a year ago. The battery had been flat for a while if that could be the cause. I will only buy the van if the fault is no longer showing today and I have a 3 month warranty. Am I being foolish to trust that the van is fine and that it was only a temporary electrical glitch do you think?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin this as you say could be down to he battery having been low and system needing resetting but it could be caused be carols other items I would only buy can if dealer has resolved issue but it should b repaired under warranty anyway . The law has just changed to protect buyers and if tyre is a fault within 30 days of buying. Vehicle the dealer gets one attemp to put it right before having by law to offer you a refund